Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update, May 12th, 11:00pm


I just got home from the hospital, so I thought I'd post a quick update. It turns out that the right side of Ian's heart is enlarged, which is why they thought it was on the wrong side; apparently it is leaning a bit to the right, due to the fact that the right side is bigger.

Sarah has been discharged. She and Eric are going to try to sleep tonight in the tiny NICU room on fold-out chairs. Please pray they will get some rest. Looking at that room and those beds, I don't know how they'll do it.

Ian was taken off the oxygen today, so that is some good news, although his breathing is still somewhat labored. They will be drawing more of Ian's blood, and also running tests on Sarah and Eric's blood either tonight or tomorrow morning. This may give us some answers regarding Ian's platelet levels.

I will update as I find out more. Thanks for your continuing support and concern for Ian.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby boy! Kelley and I will certainly be praying for healing for Ian and peace and strength for the family.

    ReplyDelete