Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13th


Thanks to all who have been checking in on Ian! I should have mentioned this before, but let me just put a disclaimer out there that the info on this blog may not be the most accurate or recent - I am just updating it as I hear it, so please forgive me up-front if anything is incorrect.

The latest news I have received on Ian was that the doctors now think there may be some bleeding in his head, due to a scan they took today. This might account for his low platelet levels. They will be doing more testing to see if this is the case. As far as I know, they are still waiting on lab work from Sarah and Eric to see if their blood might contain antibodies that could also be affecting Ian's levels.

The platelet levels seem to be the main concern right now. Ian is still off the oxygen, so that seems to be going better.

I think that's it for tonight. We're so grateful, again, for all the support Sarah, Eric, and Ian have received from loving friends and family members. Thank you for keeping them in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. To the whole family thank-you for letting us all know how things are going. We are all anxious to know, but calling makes it harder for all of you. Ian looks so sweet and peaceful in your pictures. I just love the red hair(reminds me of my boys). We are all thinking of you and will keep you in our prayers. Love Karen and family

    ReplyDelete